Foundations of 3D Computer Graphics
When looking for the usage of specific OpenGL functions, googling with the additional keyword "tutorial" or "manual" often provides the most effective answers. To get the "big" picture, we recommend you follow one or two tutorials before diving into the detailed specs and manuals.
- Tutorial: Intro to OpenGL 3.x and GLSL: Part 1 and Part 2
- Another tutorial, covering GLSL 1.2. Most concepts apply to GLSL 1.3 as well
- OpenGL documentation: Official OpenGL specifications, manuals, books
- GLSL documentation: Official GLSL specification, quick reference guide
- OpenGL Extension Registry: Abstruse (but collected) committee documentation on advanced features